About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Littlest Sophia

This morning I asked my nanny to go home and come back at 1:30pm. While Sophia was sleeping at around eleven, I went down for a cup of coffee. Tita Liza and I were chatting about a lot of things when I suddenly felt the urge to go back to bed. Yeah, coffee didn't do exactly as it was suppose to do -- to keep me awake.

I was watching TV when I checked the time. It's already past 12 o'clock and I'm really all tired and sleepy. I was thinking, maybe I could sleep for a couple of hours while the nanny is gone and Sophia taking her nap. A few more steps when I heard voices inside our bedroom. I leaned on the door and I can definitely tell that it was Sophia as if she was talking to someone. I opened the door and I saw her seating on our bed, reading her book - the littlest mouse, playing with the mouse puppet and saying words like - ada..na...du... over and over.

Here I was, an amazed mommy. And I know my reactions are priceless.

Mommy: Oh! You're awake Sophia!
Sophia: ada...na..na...na..na..ummm baaa a..na na na na (pointing at her pillow as if she was telling me - I woke up mommy and i was bored then i saw my book and read it while waiting for you to come pick me up)

Whenever she wakes up in the room alone, she would usually cry, then you'll hear footsteps from our sala, she then would go to the door and knock...but now..she has totally grown. She didn't cry...nor knocked. All this time, she was up, reading and waiting for me.

No comments: