About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Friday, September 25, 2009

In My Life



It was Tuesday night when I got a text from my boss inviting us to watch In My Life. It was before the concert when she mentioned to us that she want to watch it with us and it was before Punta Fuego when she again, reminded us how she's dying to see the movie.

It was Wednesday afternoon, we're suppose to watch it @3:30PM (as indicated in the ticket) when the lady told us that screening time is 3:00 PM. We already missed the first part of the movie, but didn't mind at all anyway.

I've never denied how much I love Vilma Santos. I've watched some of her classic movies and it was in Gaano Kadalas ang Minsan when I first fell in-love with her acting (not in a lesbiana way...). I can name a few filipino actresses who are on my list and these are, Sharon, Maricel Soriano and of course, Vilma...and not to mention Hilda Koronel. But we're here to talk about Vilma's movie. LOL.

So what's the film all about:(i'm tired writing a better summary so i'll just get it from mb.com)
In My Life -- is about a controlling single mother (Shirley played by Vilma) whose three children have grown detached from her – and she from the rest of the world – and how a visit to her only son (Mark played by Luis Manzano) in New York leads to a painful realization and, ultimately, a fresh start for her loved ones and for herself.


Ok, here we go!

Vilma never fails me. She never ever fail in making the audience WOW with her peformance. Hands down to John Lloyd who's gay acting is SUPERB. I like the scene where he puts his hand on his face and said "ang damot mo...damot damot mo..." to Vilma. I was like -- That is so gay! Galing...galing mo JLC!

Anyway, as we get to know Shirley more in the movie, the more I realized how similar her character is to my mother. Shirley is as controlling, as my mom (i hope mom takes this as a compliment.LOL). So it is obvious how much tears I shed while watching the drama scenes. Coz, I can relate!

Finally, hands down to the writers of this film and one of them is the director herself, Olivia Lamasan. She has again, created a masterpiece.

The intense drama scenes and emotions in this movie will definitely stir up the audience.

This is a must-see movie!

No comments: