About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Friday, October 2, 2009

A Remarkable Feeling

I've been frustrated since last sunday. friends have been volunteering to different private sectors in order to make a change -- help our brothers and sisters who were badly hit by the typhoon, Ondoy, while i on the other hand couldn't do anything. Couldn't leave the house, prolly afraid of getting scolded by my Dad if doing so.

I kept telling myself. I HAVE A CHOICE. I'm no longer a kid.HELLOOOOO!

Still, I decided to stay home. Watched the news in every news channel available, checking - refreshing my fb page for any update on my MIA friend, who by the way is now back online...yey! Eden, we were so worried about you! :), Looking for any inspirational prayers and post it here in my tumblr in anyway I can thinking that somehow I'd be able to send a message to my friends, prayed hard that night -- and basically doing the same thing again the next day.

But this afternoon, i felt relieved. I went to the office early enough to kick start the packing of goods. While I place the noodles in those pails I thought of the person who will receive it. While we load those pails to be delivered to our fellow colleagues I thought of the smile it would bring them.

I'd love to be there in person and be the one handing out those goods to them not because I want people to see me help them. No! but because I want to feel that sense of human in me. I'm sure, it would be a remarkable feeling. Priceless I should say.

So tomorrow, no matter how much rain it would fall I will go back and finish what we started...and then I'll pray again -- to bless those goods, bless the people behind this drive and bless all those who helped out.

It's really nice to see how many good samaritans we have in our country we thought we have lost. ^_^

No comments: