About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Kari na sa Bacolod

It was October 16th of Friday. I went to the airport 5hrs earlier my flight bound for Bacolod. I was so hyped up. The Cebu Pacific counters are still close and they won’t be open till 2:30AM. I took a cart and walked to the waiting area. Geesh! It was so full of people! I couldn’t find a small space for me to hung-out for a while so I decided to go up and eat. I was satisfied when I saw Dimsum n’ Dumplings. I figured my tummy could use a real warm food so I ordered their special Arroz Caldo. I stayed there for a couple of hours, but time seems to run real slow.

I went down again to check if there’s at least one free seat in the waiting area . There were a lot, actually. Thing is, people occupied all rows. They just lied there sleeping heavily not giving any space to other people. I lost hope of finding one, so I just sat down on the floor, turned on my ipod, stared at the people as they come in and look for their spot then, I fell asleep. By the way, I traveled to Bacolod all alone. 

I woke up and saw that Cebu Pac people are getting ready. Finally, its 2:30AM they flashed Flight 5J 473 to Bacolod on the TV screen! I was first to check-in!

It was only 3AM and my flight is not until 4:55AM. Chaikofi just opened. I thought I could use a cup of coffee. I went to airport straight from work and didn’t have any sleep at all. So yeah, I need coffee. I killed some time at the smoking area. Smoking and coffee has kept me calm after all this excitement.
I was getting bored...


We boarded the plane @ 4:30AM.
Waiting, waiting…I’m waiting all by myself. Reminisced the time we went to Bacolod last year. I realized that I am traveling alone. Though I’ll be with friends when I get there, still I wished I’m with the same people I was with the last time. Well, so much for that. There are a lot of things for me to look forward to when I get there. A great experience awaits me!


Finally, our plane just landed. I’m back in Bacolod after 10 months. I am proud to say that this is the home of my great grandfathers and is also a proud home of Convergys.


And, what was I excited about?

What is that great experience awaiting me?

It’s MASSKARA FESTIVAL baby!

No comments: