About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Monday, May 23, 2011

First Watched Movie


I was on leave last Wednesday, the 18th. I spent the whole day playing and cuddling with my 4-month old Iya. I figured we're both bored and so I decided to watch a movie in my laptop. Tamad akong maghalukay ng mga dvd sa kwarto so I just picked one from my downloaded movies in my laptop. Then I remembered na di ko pa napapanood ang Astroboy. All of a sudden, I had flashbacks of good memories with one of my all-time childhood favorites. Along with Transformers, Mr. Bogus, Bioman, The Flying House, Batibot and Sesame Street. So much for nostalgia. I put Iya on my lap and played the movie. I wanted to take pictures of her but since ako ang may hawak sa kanya and my nanny is busy with the laundry at the dirty kitchen...parang wag nalang.

At first, Iya was malikot and can't focus on the screen but when the movie finally started with the colors and the sound she finally stopped and watched. She made sounds like: uuhh...uhmm..ooh.. and may giggle din ng konti. Cute! I was so fond of her as she stares at the screen. It was the same reaction when she watched Toy Story 1.

When I was pregnant, iniisip ko na kung anu ang mga movies na gusto ko mapanood nya. I wanted to get compilations of Sesame Street because I want her to learn how to count and spell in english. I want to familiarize her with the characters like Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, The Count, Bert and Ernie, Cookie Monster and Elmo. I want her to watch Pixar movies too because of the values it has. I wanted her to watch Wall-E so that she would be aware of the importance of nature. I wanted her to watch Transformers so that she would be amazed of Optimus Prime and be awwed by Bumblebee (pero pag mga 8 years na siya...), I wanted her to watch Ice Age (i know di siya pixar) because I want her to learn that in real life there really was a sloth, a mammoth and a saber-tooth tiger. At papatusin ko na din ang mga NAT GEO dvds sa palengke para marami pa siyang matutunan...in short I really want her to learn everything as she grows.

Next movie is Toy Story 2. :)

No comments: