About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Remarkable Landmark

It was a sunny Saturday. Pat, Eden and I decided to go to the American War Memorial at The Fort - Global City. The Fort, is one of my favorite places here in Manila and visiting this landmark, somehow, excites me. It was my first time to visit this place and lucky that I wasn't the only one. We were worried though that since, we brought our cameras with us, they might ask us to get and pay for a permit.

While we were at the entrance gate, I argued with Pat to talk to the security since she was the one driving. The guard, greet us with a "Good Afternoon" and smiled and asked for her license. I couldn't wait any longer and jumped into asking the question "can we take pictures?". He said yes, just as long as it's for personal use. He gave us a list of reminders on what not to do inside the memorial.

As I was saying, Pat was our driver. We slowed down for a bit, to get a glimpse of these beautiful headstones in cross-shape made of marble. To me, it was one remarkable landmark!



Headstones made of marble.

Engraved in these walls are the names of the men and women,
who faught for the freedom of our country.

The grass looks as if it is inviting us to lie down..but unfortunately, we are not allowed to do so.

I am so proud we have a landmark that is beautiful like this.

No comments: