About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Oath As A Mother

A couple of hours ago, I stumbled upon a news posted in yahoo! Singapore about a mom who happens to be Jacki Chan's former lover and like me, she too is a single mother. I read through the news and I find her perspectives significant to mine. I never saw my situation as some sort of a disadvantage nor pittiful. Instead, I took it as a challenge. I don't want Sophia to grow up with so much anger with her father nor to any of our family members.

I grew up with so much hate and anger that when I got pregnant, all I wanted was to make things better for my daughter. I don't want to pass on the grudges I have and I don't want to do the things that my mother did to me. I want my daughter to grow up with compassion and have a sense of value for freedom. Freedom to express herself. Freedom to choose between what is right from wrong. Freedom to dream big. Freedom to explore new things. And, Freedom to make a decision at her own accord.

I will be open to her as she grows up and teach her to understand that things happen for a reason. I will show no regrets at all to whatever the decisions I made in my life and I will make sure that she will grow up proud. My daughter will grow up with love around her.


She will know that out of all the good things, she was the best ever happened to me.

No comments: