About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Friday, April 3, 2009

A Hard Habit To Break...


I started smoking 3 years ago, back when I was with Ops, an active volunteer in any events, a member of the dance troupe (til now...) and back when I was sporting a short-short hair, baggy pants and a confused identity. It was summer grind when I first tasted a cigarette and I remember it was Seb who taught me how to. That time his cigar was marlboro reds. Wow! Watta cigar to start the habit! Since then, smoking became my everyday routine til' the early 2008. I spent most of my time with friends who shares my habit, and chitchatting all the way.

I decided to stop because I just chose to. Well, because of health reasons, it's really not normal, if like every month I always get a cough and I even experienced difficulty in breathing.

Then - when I went to Galera with the ER girls, October of last year...i started smoking again. Could you just see how stress really affects your lifestyle?! tsktsk!

Now, I noticed that whenever I go out of town, it's either I bring a pack of cigars with me or i'll just ask one stick from my Travel Friends.

Sometimes it's just easy but most of the time it's very hard to let go. It's really how you disciplined yourself and how YOU control yourself.

Hmm....Can I really promise myself not to smoke anymore?

I hope that when I go to Calaguas, I'll go without a pack of cigars with me - and I wish I'd be able to control myself and just spend a CLEAN weekend, learn how to skimboard, get myself busy shooting landscapes and just have fun under the sun...in the Happy Beach.

No comments: