About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

DEPRESSION = INUMAN SESSION

A lot of us got really depressed by the sudden changes in our suppose to be Palaui Trip just this weekend. We're suppose to leave Manila Thursday night but the weather is not so friendly to us the past few days. A guy called Leia and asked her to postponed the trip for the meantime due to heavy rains and strong waves. Of course, safety first is the most important thing and so we all got a text at around 4pm from Leia telling us that Palaui Trip is..officially postponed. Let's blame it all to the WEATHER! Damn global warming that has changed the climate. It's suppose to be sunny but the heck the sky is so gloomy.

Anyway, I was at the office around Thursday night and the fact that I won't be celebrating Labor Day in Palaui --- Suddenly, I had the urge of getting myself drunk. Why? Well, suddenly I became free all weekend. Again let's blame it all on the weather. Bitter --- oh yes...

After checking my Lotus Mails, I logged in to my ymail to check on some updates from multiply. While checking, I suddenly felt like something or someone's gonna text me anytime soon and go somewhere else and celebrate the long weekend. Then I stumbled upon Ced's calendar. Inviting all the Palaui and Caramoan participants (trips that were postponed) to go to Ced's place and welcome Labor Day. Good thing that I am almost done with my shift and I am really itching to go some place else. Then a text invite from Leia. I hurried to Ralph's Liquor Shop and bought a bottle of Tequilla and chips and a couple of red horse in cans.

We brought the party to 228 Swallow Drive Greenmeadows.

I first saw Rex, who opened the gate for me. Then, Ryan and Angku with their new baby girl Trel. Then the Kaputatan Tribe arrived, Sealds and Lallie, Charles and Shiela. Ok so again, di nanaman ako nagbilang kung nakakailang baso nako ng beer...we ran out of pulutans and so Sealds and I together with Marv (aka Kuya Kim) rushed to Rufo's in Libis and bought Mushroom Adobo, Sisig and Boneless Bangus. The car broke down, and may I say sorry to Marv. While he was trying to start the car, I was just there at the front seat snoring na pala...ahahahaha! And I was like "bakit di nyo ko ginising..." I won't deny it, "may amats na ako."

Some guys stopped and helped us all the way to Gate 1. The Kaputatan Boys met us there and pushed the car all the way to Ced's place nalang. Nawala si amats.

The next thing I know, I sat down, with my jacket - then i fell asleep again. I missed the tequilla shots, and a couple of pulutans I bought but the ADVENTURE all in all was great --- it seems the word "ADVENTURE" has become part of our lives now, since we started traveling with Travel Factor.

Pictures to be uploaded soon.

Another one
by
Pinay Manlalakbay

No comments: