About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Paraiso by San Miguel Master Chorale

Here's Paraiso from the album The Great Original Pilipino Music by Ryan Cayabyab. Originally performed by Smokey Mountain, revived by Lea Salonga and now, performed by The San Miguel Master Chorale together with The San Miguel Philharmonic Orchestra.

Whenever I listen to this song, I think of the rivers, the oceans, the islands, the trees, the birds, the sea turtles that i saw in Pandan Island, the corals i visited in Apo Reef, my perrfect beach - Calaguas, and all other beautiful places that only HE created.

One of the many great classical songs of Original Pinoy Music. Enjoy!





Paraiso - San Miguel Foundation for the Performing Arts

Return to a land called paraiso A place where a dying river ends No birds dare fly over paraiso No space allows them to endure The smoke that screens the air The grass that's never there And if I could see a single bird What a joy! I try to write some words and create A simple song to be heard by the rest of the world I live in a land called paraiso In a house made of cardboard floors and walls I learned to be free in paraiso Free to claim anything I see Matching rags for my clothes Plastic bags for the colds And if empty cans were all I have What a joy! I never fight to take someone else's coins and live with fear like the rest of the boys Paraiso, help me make a stand Paraiso, take me by the hand Paraiso, make the world understand That if I could see a single bird What a joy! This tired and hungry land could expect Some truth and hope and respect From the rest of the world

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am able to make link exchange with HIGH pr pages on related keywords like [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com]bad credit loans[/url] and other financial keywords.
My web page is www.usainstantpayday.com

If your page is important contact me.
please only good pages, wih PR>2 and related to financial keywords
Thanks
Floullytund