About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pinay on Angels and Demons

What a loser I am that I haven't even spent a little time reading Dan Brown's best-selling novels, The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. Instead, I've witnessed these novels as they came to life on the big screen...thanks to Hollywood!

I was amazed by the first one, even if I heard from other people that the Da Vinci Code movie didn't gave justice to the book.

Well enough of that.

About the MOVIE:
This movie is set in The Vatican, at the heart of Rome where people mourned the death of the pope. And as the Catholic Church mourns his death, 4 of the cardinals who are vying for the throne, kidnapped by the ancient anti-christ group called Illuminati. Robert Langdon (the ever great actor Tom Hanks) was called upon by the Church to help uncover the truth and only to find out that the killer himself was the late Pope's beloved, Carmelengo Patrick McKenna which was played by Ewan Mcgregor.

The Characters - loved Ewan on this one. I really thought that he was the hero in this movie (again I didn't read the book...which is probably good for me. It gave me the thrills!).
Tom Hanks - still awesome!

The Setting - Rome
Don't you just love the place! Never have I known that Rome has lots, and when I say lots, LOTS of CHURCH! Oh! How I dreamed of going there...

The MOVIE itself - The movie this time is much more intense, entertaining -- with a bit of laughs, and more dramatic than the first one.

"Do you believe in God?" - Patrcick McKenna

No comments: