About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Maestro, The Chorale and The Music

Nothing beats the original pinoy music. Especially those that were originally composed by Rey Valera, APO Hiking Society and of course, Ryan Cayabyab.


The Maestro or Mr. C as what they call him, together with the San Miguel Master Chorale and San Miguel Philharmonic Orchestra created this extraordinary album last 2004 - Great Original Pilipino Music.

One of my most favorite musical arrangements is "Tuwing Umuulan At Kapiling Ka". The song sounded so amazing that I couldn't take it in. Not even Regine's version could top it!

Another favorite of mine is "Tunay Na Ligaya". Was it Ariel Rivera who performed this song some 10-15 years ago? When I heard of the chorale's version of this, it made me want to get married! Suddenly I see myself in a traje de boda, walking down the aisle with my Dad prolly in tears, as he gives me away to whoever that "man" is. "aw..."

And last, their version of "Paraiso" which was I believe and as far as I can remember was originally performed by "the girl/boy band of pinas" Smokey Mountain. Remember? Da Coconut Nut? ok how about these lines:
Kailan (kailan), kailan mo ba mapapansin ang aking lihim Kahit ano'ng aking gawin, 'di mo pinapansin Kailan (kailan), kailan hahaplusin ang pusong bitin na bitin Kahit ano'ng gawing lambing, 'di mo pa rin pansin
Wow!
Talk about old school huh?!

Anyway, I wanted to share with you these 3 songs but, I don't want to fill up this blog with a bunch of imeems so I'll just share one and that is Tuwing Umuulan At Kapiliing Ka.

I love old school pinoy music. brings back childhood memories.

Ngayun, pag napakinggan mo to,
Di ba't gugustuhin mo ring bumalik sa
panahon kung san ang buhay sa Pinas ay simple lamang?
Ang musika ang tanging himig ng mga pinoy.
ang Musikang Pinoy?

Another one
by
Pinay Manlalakbay



01 Tuwing Umuulan at Kapiling Ka.mp3 -

No comments: