About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Part 1: Summer Destinations!

I've been to these places for the past 3 months. I just want to share this to those who are itching for their ultimate summer getaway as April fastly approaches!

(January 10, 2009)
First trip of the year: Conquer Pinatubo.
Trip c/o Travel Factor

If you want an adventure out of the ordinary maybe a 4x4 ride in the lahar area and 2hrs trek will give you the satisfaction and will give new meaning to the word: "TAGTAG". But I don't think you will mind these at all especially if the view that you're looking for is something as beautiful as this:
Mt. Pinatubo Crater


(January 31 to February 2, 2009)
Second Trip: Zambales (Anawangin, Capones and Camara)
If you want to go to the beach in a not so hassle way, Zambales is just 4hrs away from ya! Choose from any resort in Bgy. Pundaquit and get ready for island hopping you surely will enjoy!

Anawangin


Capones Lighthouse - Capones Island


Camara Island

Third Trip: UBBE/SNUBA Apo Reef + Pandan Island
(February 13-16)
Trip c/o Travel Factor

One of the highlights of my 1st quarter! I know now what kind of beach I would want to spend my entire weekend. A remote island, with no signal & no electricity whatsoever! For the first time - ang gaan and ang sarap ng feeling ng walang nagtetext at walang tumatawag sayu!
No worries and no distractions! My trip in Apo Reef, was also extraordinary - why? Well because it was my first time to snorkel. If I tell you the reason why? Simple: phobia. What happened? Well, it's a long long story!

Anyway, there is electricity in the island naman w/c is powered by solar panels.
And don't you ever think of hotels or resorts in this island. If you truly want to be one with nature - why not bring a tent or why not try sleeping in the sand?

Apo Reef is resting peacefully in the oceans of Occidental Mindoro.
Trivia: Did you know that Apo Reef is the second largest atoll-like reef in the world and the largest in Asia? hmmm...astig ng Pinas diba?!

Here are the pics:
A view from the top of Lighthouse


Corals in Apo Reef
Photo by Preckie
using a Canon G10 with underwater casing.


The Lighthouse

The Mangrove
Breeding area of some marine wildlife
like Manta Rays, Baby Sharks and Sea Turtles



The Restricted Area
This area is the nesting ground of Pawikans
or Sea Turtles
Sayang di namin nakita si crush and dude!lol!

Pandan Island is one island I'd love to return to. Commercialization is limited, no fresh water, electricity again powered by solar panels, and it's so quiet! No night life! This is what I like! Pandan is 4hrs away from Apo Reef. It is also a home to Europeans and other foreign tourist.

Just like Apo Reef - Pandan Island offeres a great deal of corals, and marine wildlife to all those professional divers out there. And in this place I saw just 8-ft below me, a sea turtle - eating seaweeds and minding its own business, Pawikan is just so beautiful I could stare at it for hours if not only the fear I have of sea lions and stingrays! Yes! Stingrays! Again, I'm good at snorkeling above them but to touch them is not in my vocabulary!

Here are the pics:
The Pandan Island


The "Pawikan"
Photo by: Preckie
using a Canon G10 with underwater casing


Define Beach Bumming?


This concludes my Summer Destination blog part 1. I hope this gives you idea on how and where are you gonna spend your summer vacation.
Philippines has 7,107 islands you just have to choose...

Thanks to:
Travel Factor
Preckie for the photos
and the travelers I met along my trips! ^_^

No comments: