About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Part 2: Summer Destinations!

Here's the second part of my "Summer Destinations!" blog. I've got three more places to mention. And boy, how I'm excited to share it to you!

Fourth Trip: Surfvivor Baler
February 21-23
Trip c/o Travel Factor

This was my second time in Baler, and since I didn't get to manage to stand up on the board again, I suit myself by taking pictures of surfers and the "newbies" getting stoked!

There are 2 resorts resides in Baler Bay. Bay's Inn and Bahia De Baler w/c by the way is owned by Senator Ed Anggara. Bahia's specialty: Buttered Chicken!

Don't ever miss the Acoustic Bar in Bay's Inn, their Kilawin is so damn good!

If you want to learn to surf, there's Mahdox Surf Shop & Surf School and be trained by the best and dopest surfers in town! Who knows, you might be surfing the bay with Jericho Rosales!

Here are the photos:
By the way, their surf boards are for sale!


He's the No. 1 Surfer in the Country!


Get Stoked!

Baler doesn't only offer a surf spot for tourist/travelers. Baler has a lot of picturesque scenic spots for all photography enthusiasts!

Come and visit the oldest tree in Asia - The Balete Tree


The Dimadimalangat Islets

Travel back in time with Manuel Quezon, in Museo De Baler


Or dip into the cool water of Cunayan Falls


Make sure you pay a visit to Baler's pasalubong center and buy yourselves a bundle of chicharon seaweeds!

Fifth Trip: Photoholic Ilocos Weekend Special
February 28 to March 1
Trip c/o Travel Factor

It was March of last year when I first came to Ilocos. Like others, Ilocos has made a huge impact in my life. This is the place where I got myself hooked up with Photography. So when I got my Nikon D80, July of last year, I promised myself that I'll be going back and will keep on coming back to Ilocos.

Food: You simply can't miss their empanada, bagnet and Pakbet pizza! wohooooo!

Here are some scenic spots you can visit in Ilocos.

Paoay Church

The Bell Tower


Bangui Windmills



Pagudpud


And who would ever forget the historical yet
romantic ambiance of Vigan's own Calle Crisologo



My next trip with Travel Factor would be
UBBE: Calaguas

I said it twice I'll say it again...
I just couldn't wait to go the Virgin Island
and we "kaladkarins" can't wait to celebrate Ced's b-day!

Thanks to:
Travel Factor
and the photoholics and travelers
I met along the trips.

Have A Happy Summer Everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Surfing is Asia is the best. NO Crowds and the nicest people in the world. I for sure suggest making this trip right away!