About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Gone For The Weekend - The Camara Waves

If you think this is my last blog about our Zambales tour - think again...i still have lots of experience to tell.

It was already past 12PM when we left Capones - and before that, though I am ashame to say it but I'll say it anyway - "nadapa ako." oo si Leslie na isang pinay manlalakbay ay nadapa! how? here's the short story.


While we're at the Lighthouse doing some photoshoot, I was,
that time already feeling hungry and thirsty. So hungry I could eat 2 plates of sizzling sisig in Rufo's with 2 extra garlic rice! Wait make that 3! We left our packed lunch at the boat parked at the shore on the other side of the island where in it will take us 15-20min to get back. There was a shortcut though I mentioned in my last blog that it was too risky because of the waves.

We are about to go back. Kuya Randy went ahead, then m
e, nonie and john. Because I am so hungry and so eager to get back to the boat, I really hastened to get there as fast as I can. So same entrance/exit lang. I was about to step on to the rock when I *plakda myself*. SHAME ON ME LESLIE SHAME ON ME! The next thing I know is I have bruises in my left arm and right knee. To John's surprise he didn't know what really happened. He just saw me lying down there thinking, and like resting...

Thing is I didn't screamed or even made a noise whatsoever. That's why they didn't know what really happened to me. Nonie didn't know a thing until I told her while walking towards to the boat - bumulong ako "Nonie, nadapa ako..."
The reaction: oh! *with eyes wide open* So much for me being a wimp.

Ok now - The Camara Waves blog starts here:

Let's pause for a while and take a look at the beautiful view of Zambales from Camara Island.

This is one island i would definitely miss. After Kuya dropped us at the shore - Nonie and I are hurrying to settle down, unpack everything and eat. All 3 of us are hungry. The tuna, itlog na maalat with tomatoes, the rice, they all look like Tinola, Adobo and Garlic Rice to me. hahaha!

While eating I realize - it is nice to have a picnic by the sea. Try to imagine that feeling of while you're eating you'll feel the sudden gush of the wind, the sound of the waves splashing, the mountains, the clouds and the sun. To me, we're like in one harmony. I remember Sir Mandy (owner of Cafe Lago in Laguna) once told us - Learn to surrender yourself to mother nature. You'll feel nothing but freedom. That's exactly what I felt. I swear - I even asked Nonie "Nok eh kung wag na tayung bumalik sa manila?! mangisda or mag-bangkero nalang tayu?" ahahaha!

Bumming after eating is really a bad habit. What you will get is the lazy feeling of going back to the real world. After we dipped, and tasted how salty the water is - Nonie, John and I went inside this pile of boulders on our left side. Curious of what we will discover. We saw this amazing rock formation:

Its pretty how the strong waves splashes its way in to this huge rocks.

And because there's a lot of rock formation in the island, we couldn't help ourselves to imitate the commercial "White Castle" by Glydel Mercado (tama ba ako?!). Here's the sample:

Well its not really the exact pose but I think Nonie did tried her best naman. hehehe

I looked at my watch and it was already past 3pm. Suddenly I turned to my watch again and decided to take it off - put it on the sand, wait for the water to come..
and here's the end result:

Now after that, I took my watch right away before it goes to some place else, may i say, in the middle of the ocean?
*jusko mahabagin buti nalang!*

My watch has been serving me for 3 years now. 3 years of telling me when its time to go to work, or watch a movie, or wait for someone, telling me when its time to go home and has been with me in all of my adventures. I think caving in Sagada has tested his durability and he again didn't failed me.

Now let's go to the climax of the Camara Island Bumming.
How to soak the Nikon D40 into the water.

Waves are getting stronger by the minute so all 3 of us decided to go back and try to catch the sunset at the Canoe Resort. It's hard to board the boat especially when a big wave is coming and the boat will go the other direction. We were trying to help Kuya Randy in settling the boat. Nonie was about to ride first, when unfortunately a big wave came right at us. Nonie lost her balance and the next thing we know her Nikon was all soaking wet. I cleaned up her camera right after we arrived at the resort. Took off the battery, the card and I kept on cleaning her lens and the body. But, it didn't work. My first aid treatment didn't improved the camera's situation.
**deep sigh**

But all in all our Camara beach bumming experience is still the best. I hope you get to experience same thing as I do when you go there.

So here's to Camara Island.




No comments: