About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

UBBE: Apo Reef - The Experience

All of my "first-times" were with Travel Factor.

First time to travel.
First time of caving for 6hrs in Sagada.
First time to surf.

and first time to Snorkel. Yep! It's my first time.
Now, ain't that sweet?

February 14th, our first day of beach bumming in Apo Reef. It is of course a day of the Hearts. Everybody's excited to see the Paradise Down Under.

4hrs boat ride from Sablayan going to Apo Reef.

It was 6AM and we're still in the middle of the ocean. So we decided to stop and eat breakfast first. Sarap ng feeling! Breakfast was good! We had fried rice, daeng na bangus, veggies and coffee!

Kuya announced that we are approaching Apo Reef, we can see the corals from the boat. Then we saw a group of dolphins having their own breakfast. Fishermen from all over the place rushed to where the dolphins to catch some for themselves.

This photo though is frustrating. We waited for the dolphins to jump but they were so busy eating - but this is the closest I can get.


And their reactions: PRICELESS.

Finally we arrived at Apo Reef.
The view?
Oh so BEAUTIFUL!

A shot from the top of Apo Reef Lighthouse.

Another frustration of mine is that I don't have an underwater camera with me. I can't just bring my D80 while I snorkel or it might just be the end of Brenda.

So next time, if ever I join an UBBE (Ultimate Beach Bumming Experience)/ SNUBA (Snorkeling and Scuba) TF Trip, I'll make sure that one, i have my snorkeling gear with me, and two, i'll buy me-self a digital camera with a protective case so that i can take a snap shot of the reef. So does this mean that i'll be going back to Apo Reef? or I am sensing a "BUTANDING ENCOUNTER" in Donsol soon...think think think!

No comments: