About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

UBBE: Pandan Grande Island - The Bummers!

After seeing huge corals
school of fishes
2 baby sharks
gigantor star fishes
colorful pair of angelfish and other marine wildlife

We now go to Pandan Grande Island!
A place were 98% of the population are the Europeans and 2% are the resort's crew
and

The TF Travelers!
or should I say
Bummers?!

We arrived at Pandan Island at around 3:45PM.

Again, how can we not love the island! it is so freakin' beautiful! The place is so peaceful and the people are friendly.

Here's a good view of the part of the island:

My most favorite part of our stay in Pandan is the fact that I snorkeled again, with a life vest of course but w/o a raft. We heard some shouts and laughs from a far and we knew that they saw the one thing that we've been searching for 2 days.

The Sea Turtle or "Pawikan" in tagalog.

Eden and I swam our way to where the Pawikan were. And again since I don't have a camera that would work underwater with me - I told Eden to take a shot of her nalang and I'll edit it.

Here's Eden's shot of the Pawikan:
.
I hope na sana dumami pa ang mga Pawikan.

This beauty is just there, chillin', eating see-weeds while were on top of her starring, looking and amazed. I even waved at her when I saw her looked at me. Please don't say that it's so "mababaw" coz she is really a beauty. I was happy and I was just there staring at her.
I couldn't touch her though as I don't know how to swim in deep waters. But this is so priceless to me.

I saw a "PAWIKAN" for the first time and couldn't get any sweeter than that!

We were there for 10min, when Jerome said that there's a lion fish just behind the sea turtle. Scared to die - of course we all swam back to the shore bago pa kami malason sa Lion Fish na yan!

I was speechless.

And while I was setting up my tripod for a group pic Eden noticed me, starring at nothing like wondering about something.
"Poms ok ka lang?"
I said "sorry na star-strucked ako kay Pawi!" ahahahaha!

So here's to you Pawi

Pandan Grande Island!
Bonggang-bonggang beach bumming experience!

No comments: