About Me

My photo
A FILIPINA MOTHER & A TRAVELER DISCOVERING PHILIPPINES ONE ISLAND AT A TIME.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Schindler's List - I've Finally Seen It


This dvd copy of mine has been hanging around here like forever. I never finished this movie except today. As in sobrang whenever I see Ralph Fiennes started shooting somebody sa movie, wala ng pause---stop na agad..probably because of the feeling of fear and pitty na kahit na movie lang - but just by thinking na it happened in real life..it is really terrible.

I am sort of "HISTORY" junky. I love watching war movies such as Saving Private Ryan, Patton, The Thin Red Line, Tears of the Sun, Enemy At The Gates and a whole lot more. I would even spend 3hrs on the net surfing for some stories about WWI and WWII.


Then..

The Holocaust - strucked me. Somehow, I felt interested in knowing the facts.

I never imagined how cruel the Nazis were - not until I read The Diary of Anne Frank, watched the movie "The Assisi Underground" (Ben Cross) and some other stories from the net. Let's not forget Roberto Benigni's La vita รจ bella (Life Is Beautiful).

I remember when I was watching CNN (a year ago or 2..), a scene was shown wherein people across the streets of Jerusalem paused in silence..for 3-5min. It was also the same scene in Aushwitz, Polland. I found out that it was the day of the liberation of Jews from the Nazis.
And now I finally finished the movie!
End result: Heavy feeling.

I love the scene here where everyone's saying goodbye to Oskar.
Oskar: "I could've gotten more..I could've saved more."

**May I just confess...umiyak ako talaga!**


Now I know why my Mom wouldn't let me watch this movie before (in VHS pa ha...), heavy talaga ang magiging feeling right after. But finally, I got a chance to finish the movie with my sister, Joyce who is also interested in History particularly in Holocaust. Shindler's List is now included in the list of my favorite movies of all time. But it's not a movie that I would wanna watch over and over again. Hands down to Steven Spielberg - Genius!

I know this movie is 15 years old na..and yung dvd eh 1 year old na dito sa haws na ngayun ko lang talaga napanood.
Can I say "Sa Wakas!"?
Now, I need to think of happy thoughts...as in Happy talaga..

No comments: